Saturday, July 19, 2014

The WHO: Saoirse Ronan



There is something in the way this doe eyed lady acts that moves and captivates her audience.

She is like Dakota Fanning (in my opinion) when it comes to her skill in the craft. I have only watched a few of her movies and in each she never fails to deliver her characters well. At the tender age of 20, she has already received atleast 2 oscar nominations and a handful number of awards from various institutions gaining the title of an "Acting sorceress" as described by one of her critics.

I really love the way she expresses her emotions. Even with her eyes alone, her tone of voice and actions, she can deliver. And when she delivers, she delivers all emotions so powerfully. Whether it be joy, anger, sorrow you name it. She can give it to you raw and have you begging for more.

Personally, I have only watched the ff. films and I think she always shines in each. Do check them out and see for yourself.


*The Lovely Bones 
- she plays the victim and she plays it beautifully. I think this might've been her breakout role. Her initial fear, then despair and anger came clearly thru even in scenes where she barely speaks at all. 


*Hannah
- I barely remember this movie but I do remember feeling very impressed that she can be such a versatile actress at such a young age then. She plays an assassin in the film and her acting roles shows how much potential she can be and what a force to be reckoned with she is in the acting world. She played the role really well even the fight scenes which were a lot.


*The Host
- playing dual characters can be so difficult but she manages to do that and even convices the audience that she is two persons in one body. While the story may not seem all brilliant, she was able to give color into it and I believe no other person could have done the same. Halfway within the movie, you forget she is just one actress portraying two roles because she plays it so well. The internal struggle between two persons in one body is soo palpable and real, you'd most likely believe its happening. 

*How I Live Now
- I haven't really watched the movie but it was from the trailer I watched of this one that convinced me to write about her. I just can't believe that she still isn't out there enough. I mean she's a talent goldmine capable of handling virtually any role you throw at her. Her versatility in itself (not to mention she's easy on the eyes too) should have been enough to land her any role she could ever want. It just seems to me that she may be underrated and I feel bad for the wasted talent. I hope I see her more in the future. I can tell she has soo much more to offer and she will definitely grow more (although she's already so wicked good) in acting.


Looking at her photo. I never realized she was so beautiful. I feel a crush coming on.

PS other than that, I'm hoping to watch the ff. too; Death defying acts, Violet and Daisy, City of Ember, Byzantium and Atonement.

PPS Most of these photos are from the internet. Copyright rules apply.


No comments:

Post a Comment