Friday, July 11, 2014

The WHO: Anna Akana

It's way past 3am(3:45am to be exact) here in the Philippines and I'm still up and about. Sleep deprived yes, but I can assure you the reason that kept me up is definitely worth these sleepless hours. 

So I've been raving about this lady for a few days already. I've been posting/sharing nonstop on my social media for people to check her out. And for those few days that I've come to know her (thru her videos). I can positively say she may have stolen my heart. Or a big chunky part of it.


Anna Anaka. Age: unknown; Gender: Female. I stumbled upon one of her videos while surfing the web. I believe I was on one of those websites that featured out of this world articles on facebook. I clicked on a link and her video was one of those featured ones. Honestly, I would never ever had clicked on it and would never have watched it unless by mistake. Why? The video was a make up tutorial of sorts. See what I mean? I'm a dude. I'm not into makeup. Haha the only reason I did click on it though was because it had a title promising it was epic or something, which got me curious and all. I'm glad I did though. Call it fate or destiny. But as soon as I watched her first video i was hooked.

After watching her videos, here are 5 things that I discovered and liked about her and what you probably will too.

Number 1.
Anna is funny. Her humor is infectious. She delivers lines in manners that definitely crack you up. Honestly thats the main reason I love watching her. She got my funny bone and with it my heart.

Number 2.
Anna is a talented. She's into directing, acting, and scriptwriting. Talk about a well rounded girl who's great all around. She manages to combine all three skills and the results as seen thru her videos are simply awesome. I know for a fact that it takes a lot of creativity to come up with those stories, plots and all but she never fails to deliver. Every video of hers is a testament of that. Her acting is awesome, her scriptwriting and directing superb.

Number 3.
Anna has a goodheart. What I personally like about her and her videos is that they have heart. They're not just there for entertainment's sake but they also deliver a message to people. Her pieces of advice come in different ways but altogether it shows the kind of person she is which is in general. A kind person.

Number 4.
Anna is real. Ok she gives advices so what? But don't take it all on face value. Anna admits that even she often has a hard time following her own words but that doesn't mean she doesn't try. She keeps it real but admitting her faults, as well and what she does to amend them. She has also shown she can be vulnerable. Her opinion on suicide was heartfelt as were her emotions about it. I was caught literally by surprise when I watched it. Thru her videos, she sends her opinion on things in albeit funny ways but also ones that really aim true to heart.  I like the fact that she doesn't downgrade how raw she is with her writing as she doesn't bother to censor her language as well as her actions. That's what we need these days I believe. A dose of reality. Not being babied on the sidelines like whats happening. Lets us experience things, hear and see them as what they are so that we can judge them for ourselves and build defenses as we fit(thru our personalities). It's true that ignorance is bliss but knowledge is power. 

Number 5.
Anna loves cats. That and guns plus multiple/cloned avatars of herself. Enough said. Check her videos out and see. Guard your heart though. It's sure to get stolen.






For more info about her. Check and follow the following:
*facebook: www.facebook.com/annaakana
*twitter: www.twitter.com/annaakana
*instagram: instagram.com/AnnaKayAkana
*official website: www.AnnaAkana.com


PS Im also a cat person so having 4 cats like hers would be totally cool. Her videos are downright hilarious such as why women are crazy and how not to do your job. Also her miniseries "Riley Rewind" was supercool, no beyond that, just totally overthetop superb. I'll be reviewing that after. Watch out for it. ;)

PPS All photos are taken from miss Anna's sites. All copyright belong to her. (Sorry I used them without permission) :p




No comments:

Post a Comment