Saturday, July 19, 2014

The WHERE: King Sisig

I was supposed to have my glasses fixed before school started which was fast approaching that July 14. Having no one to accompany me, I asked my Kuya to come with me to Recto where I usually have mine done.

Unlucky for us, we left the house really late due to communication problems. When we arrived in the section where people usually sell/fix/make glasses, most shops were already closed. We had to settle for the ones in the malls. So heading to Isetann Recto, we were lucky enough to find one which was still open. And so, I was able to get new glasses, although it was a little bit more expensive.


During the wait (while the glasses were being created), we had a stroll around the mall and we happened to pass by this new foodshop called King Sisig. Usually I am averted to eating in malls because I feel that most of the foods there aren't really worth the penny for me. I mean I like getting my money's worth so whenever I do dine out, I would usually search for good places to eat first and then take my pick depending on the reviews available coming from different people. I was intrigued to try this one though, because I saw that as opposed to the other foodshops in the mall, this one was packed full. So I urged my brother to try it with me and he agreed (thankfully).

As with any food adventure, in places you've never tried or heard of, it is good to ask what other customers loved best (bestsellers). So based on the cashier, we ordered their Lechon Sisig. We also tried this green drink which they offered in pitchers (I think it was lemonaide or something). They have cool promotions like unli-rice and you can alter the spicyness of your meal from: mild, medium, hot, extra hot and super hot. We chose those as well. The prices aren't really expensive, at most its php200 for a full meal. They also had a variety of sisig to choose from aside from the usual chicken, pork and seafood. I think there was tapa and others but we both only really wanted their bestseller which we went with.

Click me to zoom in :)

The place is actually big and can rival that of famous foodshops in the area like Jolibee or Mcdonalds. We were lucky enough to find seats because a lot of people were still coming in even though it was atleast an hour from closing time. 

Bigger servings next time pls.

Digging that Kiwi drink ;)

The serving size was a little off for me. I wish there was more of it because hey if you compare it with others (like sisig hooray for example), It shouldhve only costed php80 or something based on the size (in my opinion). Although taste wise, it was very good. I liked my lechon sisig very much. It wasn't too salty and they didn't put too much fat in which usually would make me or anyone think otherwise in eating it. The meat is crispy and tasty. It was served hot and the aroma itself made my mouth water immediately as it was served. It's a definite place to go whenever you need to get your sisig fix. I mean I'd definitely eat there again when I get the chance. I even went as far as getting rice refills (atleast twice), although I've already promised I wouldn't eat so much as I am on a diet. Their green juice (whatever it is) was surprisingly delicious too. I'm glad they offered it in pichers and I like the fact that you get your moneys worth from it as the juice is concentrated (Atleast for me. I had to pour atleast 2 full glasses of water to dilute it so it tastes normal) when you get it. 

In summary, I liked the experience even though we've sampled only a few of their goods. I definitely will go back there if ever I get hungry for sisig (which I honestly do from time to time). I'll even try that tapa sisig for sure. :)

PS the crazy tasting green juice is actually Kiwi flavor according to my Kuya.

No comments:

Post a Comment