Sunday, June 29, 2014

The WHAT: Family Mart's Twirl-All You Can "Raspberry Icecream"

It's been on my newsfeed on Facebook for sometime now and being a food enthusiast myself,I decided to give it a try. 


Family mart, is a newly established convenience store here in the Philippines which I believe was a franchise from one of our neighboring countries. Although I did not do my research to know which one haha. It has slowly incorporated itself in the business from the past few years I think and now has a steady number of followers which grows everyday.


One unique offer they have which have the masses raving is their "Twirl-all-you-can" ice cream for only php25. For that amount you can enjoy a hefty cone of ice cream given that you can make it as high as you can when you get it as this is a self service promotion. 

I have to say I have joined the bandwagon of individuals who continue to try to get my php25 worth of ice cream goodness whenever I do. They often have 3 selections to choose from with some single flavors, others mixed. Also they change flavors from time to time except for the homegrown favorite "greentea" flavor.

I've already tried it and it does taste good. They don't put too much sugar in it so it feels light and it makes you really savor the flavor much more. It tastes much like the starbucks green tea which I fancy except lighter which means you don't feel fat/bloated afterwards.


As of now they're offering the raspberry flavor and kiwi flavor in the menu. I really wanted to try both but I figured raspberry first then kiwi next time. The raspberry was good but I was looking for a stronger kick from it. I mean its a fruity flavor so I was hoping it'd be a little more sour seeing as its based on a citrus fruit. But nonetheless it was okay. I guess to make sure that everyone would be able to appreciate it they make it that way. It has a cheesecake taste to it though that's why I can say its not a total letdown. Will be sampling the kiwi flavor soon. All in all, for 25pesos, its worth it. :)


PS other than their ice cream they also have a unique array of pastries, sandwiches, salads, quick cook noodles and ofcourse the usually convenience store goods which aren't as expensive as one would think. A lot of imported goods too which you don't usually see. I've tried one noodle, forgot which but I remembered thinking it wasn't bad for the price. Check it out for yourself when you do. Thankfully, we have one near the area in katipunan near de la strada church. Its a good variation from the usual 7/11 or ministop.

PPS most photos here were taken online. Any claim to them is justified and will be acknowledged. I was to lazy to take pictures :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment